Social Icons

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Funky Monkey Snacks Review

Back to School Selection

funkymonkey
Disclosure: I received these items for the purpose of a review. All opinions are 100% my own. I was not compensated for this review. Your opinion may vary from mine.
My two girls love fruit and sometimes when we are on the go it is impossible to bring fresh fruit with us in the car. With Funky Monkey fruit snacks you can now take fruit with you wherever you go! I was thrilled when I was contacted and asked if I would like to try them.
When they arrived I received seven packages of different flavors to try. Funky Monkey fruit snacks are all-natural freeze dried fruit that maintains nearly all of the flavor and nutrients found in fresh fruit. In addition, Funky Monkey snacks have no added sugar, no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. Funky Monkey snacks have taken extra precaution for individuals with allergy problems as these products are peanut/tree nut free and gluten free.
applemon                                                            Applemon
What They Say
Slices of apples with organic cinnamon.
What I say
Slices of apples with a nice blend of cinnamon. Not overly powered with cinnamon flavor and the apples had a good crunch.
bananamon                                                      Bananamon
What They Say
Freeze-dried organic banana’s and organic cinnamon.
What I Say
Tasty Banana’s lightly coated to give it a sweet cinnamon flavor. These banana’s have just the right amount of cinnamon sprinkled on them.
carnivalmix                                                    Carnival Mix
What They Say
Freeze-dried Organic banana’s, pineapple, apple, and papaya.
What I Say
This one was especially tasty. I do not usually like papaya and I was really surprised how much I liked it!.  The papaya had the right amount of sweetness with the perfect crunch factor.
jivealime                                                          JiveALime
What They Say
Freeze-dried pineapple and lime juice.
What I Say
Generous pieces of sweet pineapple with the tanginess of lime. I liked the flavor of the lime juice on the pineapple and found that it gave the perfect balance of sweet and sour.
mangooj                                                              MangoOj
What They Say
Freeze-dried mango and orange juice.
What I Say
I never thought in a million years that I would say this is my favorite out of all of them. People that know me would say that the pineapple with lime juice, or carnival mix would be my favorite. I have to emphasis that I dislike mangos; however, these are the most delicious mango tasting product by far! I love the taste of the orange juice on the crunchy mango pieces. When I finished the package I was disappointed that I did not have more. I will definitely be buying these in the future.
pinkpineapple                                                      Pink Pineapple
What They Say
Freeze-dried pinapple and guava.
What I Say
Tasty pieces of sweet pineapple with a splash of guava. I found this one interesting. I honestly thought it was pink grapefruit flavor on the pineapple. I looked at the package and read that it was guava and considering I never had guava before I did not know what the flavor was supposed to be like. It was tangy and sweet at the same time. This is another favorite of mine!
purplefunk                                                           Purple Funk
What They Say
Organic banana’s with organic acai.
What I Say
Slices of banana’s with the strong flavor of acai berry. For those that never tried an acai berry before they are a cross between blackberry, raspberry, and dark chocolate. I know the chocolate may sound good but as you know dark chocolate is not close to being sweet unless you add sugar. With that said, I found the purple funk to have a bitterness after taste. I think everyone that wants to try Funky Monkey snacks should try them to make their own decisions. What one person finds bitter another may find it tasty and sweet.
Funky Monkey snacks are wholesomely delicious snacks to offer your children. Each bag equals to 1 serving of fruit. In addition, it has no GMO’s (genetically modified organisms) and you can see that it is verified at the Non GMO Project website here. Funky Monkey snacks have Marvel flavors too such as Ultimate strawberry, Invincible strawberry banana, Legendary cinnamon apples, incredible pineapple, and mighty banana. I personally loved all of them except the banana with acai. My children were not overly fond of them, however, sometimes I think they expect fruit snacks to be more sugary in flavor and these are not like the traditional sugary fruit snacks that one may typically eat. I will introduce them to my children again and hope they like them next time.

You can find Funky Monkey snacks in many stores and online! Check out their store locator found here.
Connect with Funky Monkey on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest
Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.
Comments