Social Icons

Monday, June 10, 2013

McCormick Grill Mates Review


grillmates
Disclosure: I received these items for the purpose of a review. All opinions are 100% my own. I was not compensated for this review. Your opinion may vary from mine.
I love meat and mainly I love a good steak. I usually just lightly season my steak as I do enjoy just steak flavor when eating. However, I find myself lately wanting to use a dipping sauce with my steak but I do not like A1. I was very excited when McCormick asked me if I would be willing to try their Grill Mates
products. McCormick has so many wonderful seasonings that I enjoy using and this gives me a good reason to buy steak! With summer being here many people love to BBQ and this is the perfect products to do that with.
grillmatesmokey
Grill Mates Smoky Montreal Steak sauce is a dipping sauce and rub in one. I found that this sauce has the perfect balance of sweet and robust flavor. I loved how it had the right amount of smoky flavor and was not over powering. I do not have a grill and just because you do not have a grill does not mean you cannot enjoy these sauces by cooking in the house. I cooked my steak in the house and added the sauce on the steak before and then added additional sauce on top after it was done.
steak
montrealsauce
The Montreal Steak sauce like the one above can be used as a dipping sauce or marinade. This sauce is more robust in flavor with spices of black pepper, garlic, and more. With McCormick sauces there is no right way or wrong way to enjoy them. If you like sauce on a burger you can add a little Montreal Steak sauce on your burger to give it a kick. In addition, there are multiple recipe ideas on McCormick.
spicetogether
McCormick Grill Mates Backyard Brick Oven has garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper, and more. The Italian blend of this seasoning is great on chicken, pork, seafood, and pizza. I used this to season pork and it gave it has a spicy kick. I really enjoyed the tomato flavor that came out in this spice. 
The Montreal Worcestershire Pub Burger seasoning is great on steaks or burgers. I love Worcestershire sauce and when I was younger I would use it as a dipping sauce for my steak. I am so happy that McCormick has come out with a burger seasoning with Worcestershire. I used this on my burger and thought it had the perfect blend of seasonings combined.
burger 
The Grill Mates Tennessee Smokehouse rub is enough for one whole chicken. Rub the seasoning over the entire chicken and under the skin for added flavor. Place chicken in a pan, cover with foil and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Grill on 350-375 F Make sure you grill breast side up and internal temperature is 165F in the thigh. Additionally, you can try this on pork or beef.
Grill Mates Smokin’ Sweet Tea is a marinade that has a unique smoky blend of sweetened tea, spices, and lemon. These flavors would complement chicken, or pork.
While spending some time on McCormick website I discovered this really need tool called the flavorprint. Once you register for flavorprint it will ask you a series of questions to get an idea of the flavors you like or dislike. When completed it will tell you the top flavors you like along with recipes that they have come up with to match those flavors. Mine is coffee/chocolate, tomato, and cheese. I thought this was interesting and quite cute! You can try it here.  
Connect with McCormick on Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, and Instagram





Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.
Comments